Monday, May 31, 2010

From the Desk of: Hillbilly God


So, sometimes making movies is totally exhilarating and exciting, like during our first shooting weekend (see May 26 post). And there are also tons of administrative tasks and boring shoots. The last few days I've been making phone calls to shooting locations and typing out itineraries for the forthcoming trip to Seattle, where we'll shoot for two days in the wooded suburbs. It's laying good groundwork, but not nearly as much fun as being on set.

Today, Carter Soles (producer and DP) drove down to Brice Creek to pick up some important establishing shots, and "second unit" inserts. He came back with some golden footage that I can't wait to cut together. But I've promised myself that I cannot start editing Hillbilly God until I finish editing "The Tale of Persephone" (currently in post-production and slated for Jan 2011 release).

With that, I leave you with a snapshot of the location where we will most likely film one of our characters plummeting to his death. We will frame out the bridge, filming onto the rock below, and show "Foster" falling into the water. We'll cut to the rapids that are nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment